11 Nov Registered Nurse (RN) – MHCC
Has principle responsibility of the total nursing care, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of each assigned resident. Assures that the plan of care is carried out in a safe environment through performance and supervision of subordinate personnel. Records resident histories, administers medications, follows physicians orders and communicate with physicians and families as needed.
Pay Scale(s): Non Exempt, Full-Time
Location(s): Memorial Healthcare Center
Physical and Mental Requirements
Extended periods of standing or walking, manual dexterity, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, lifting/carrying >=50lbs., kneeling, bending, stooping, visual acuity, hearing acuity, and reaching.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
Licensure, Registry and Certifications
- Registered Nurse licensed by the State of Texas
- Current CPR certification
Personal Job Related Skills
Effective oral and written communication skills
Prior Work Experience
- Prior work experience: two (2) years’ experience as a professional RN (preferred)
- Utilizes the nursing process, completes a comprehensive physical and psychological assessment of patients.
- Takes nursing histories to provide a basis for developing patient care plans.
- Completes a thorough nursing assessment and history
- Identifies teaching and learning needs with each resident to promote independence.
- Provides an ongoing assessment that accurately reflects needs and desires of residents
- Consistently uses input form resident, family, significant other, physician, and healthcare team members.
- Supervises and assists staff members providing care while remaining responsible for the delivery of quality nursing care.