11 Nov Nursing Home RN
Has principle responsibility of the total nursing care, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of each assigned resident. Assures that the plan of care is carried out in a safe environment through performance and supervision of subordinate personnel. Records resident histories, administers medications, follows physicians orders and communicate with physicians and families as needed.
Pay Scale(s): Non Exempt, Full-Time
Location(s): Memorial Healthcare Center
Physical and Mental Requirements
Extended periods of standing or walking, manual dexterity, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, lifting/carrying >=50lbs., kneeling, bending, stooping, visual acuity, hearing acuity, and reaching.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
Licensure, Registry and Certifications
- Registered Nurse licensed by the State of Texas
- Current CPR certification
Personal Job Related Skills
Effective oral and written communication skills
Prior Work Experience
- Prior work experience: two (2) years’ experience as a professional RN (preferred)
- Utilizes the nursing process, completes a comprehensive physical and psychological assessment of patients.
- Takes nursing histories to provide a basis for developing patient care plans.
- Completes a thorough nursing assessment and history
- Identifies teaching and learning needs with each resident to promote independence.
- Provides an ongoing assessment that accurately reflects needs and desires of residents
- Consistently uses input form resident, family, significant other, physician, and healthcare team members.
- Supervises and assists staff members providing care while remaining responsible for the delivery of quality nursing care.