10 Dec Nursing Clerk – Part Time (Nights)
This position performs secretarial duties for the Director of Nursing and Clinical Services and maintains all clerical duties of the Nursing Department.
Pay Scale: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt, Call Pay, Shift Differential, Specialty Pay
Reports To: Nursing Services Secretary, Director of Nursing and Clinical Services, CEO
Location: Seminole Hospital District
Performs duties in the capacity of Secretary for Chief Nursing Officer and Clinical Service
- Provides clerical and secretarial support for the Chief Nursing Officer and Clinical Services
- Performs patient follow up calls post discharge and scan into patient account
- Gather employees timesheets and prep for Nursing Department Payroll
- Types correspondence, memos and reports for Nursing Administration. Update policies post nursing review
- Maintains an accurate current filing system
- Answers multi-line telephone, routing calls and providing messages when a call can not be completed
- Prepare Hep B monthly reports and ensure all newborn accounts are verified for billing
- Collect all temperature logs, glucometer logs and LifePak logs and fill accordingly
- Scheduling time for staff requiring CPR, ACLS, PALS, and TNCC classes
- Maintains personnel files and status changes for the Nursing and Clinical Services Department
- Create personnel files for all new hires. Prepare 90 day and annual evaluation forms for CNO and Nurse Leaders
- Maintain personnel files by monthly checks to ensure all staff license’s and certifications are current
- Processes changes in employee information
- Arranges for new employee orientation with the CNO. Prepare all orientation packets for all new employees
- Assists Trauma Coordinator as needed
- Assists Quality Assurance Coordinator with Employee Health
- Assists Discharge Planner/ Swingbed Coordinator as needed
Education, Licensure, Registry Certification and Experience Requirements
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- No licensure, registry or certification required
- Two years experience in a business office setting
- No technical training required
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Typing speed of 65 wpm
- Familiar with operating personal computers and programs
- Knowledge of general clerical duties
Job Related Factors
- Communicates positively and respectfully to audience (coworkers, patients, physicians, and others)
- Performs required tasks without prompting and adjusts appropriately to situations.
- Adheres to the attendance policy.
- Attends required meetings and in-services
- Participates in Hospital District Safety Program and QA Programs
- Uses time and resources wisely.
- Maintains HIPAA, keeping patient and hospital confidentiality
- Maintains adequate supplies of items needed to perform job, orders, or reports low items to supervisor.
- Practices proper phone etiquette, identifying self and department.
- Reports adverse events regarding patients, guests, or self to supervisor immediately.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- extended periods of sitting
- pushing, pulling
- repetitive motion
- lifting/carrying >= 40 lbs.
- visual acuity
- hearing acuity
- occasional highly stressful
- OHSA Blood Bourne Pathogens Class III