28 Jan Ultrasound Vascular Echo Technologist – Part Time
Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures, and or Vascular, Echo, Possibly Diagnostic radiology, CT, MRI, or Mammography on patients and works with members of the Hospital District and the community to improve the delivery of patient care.
Chain of Command: Director of Radiology, CCOO
Supervises: Mentors new technologists. Students of Allied Health Imaging Programs
Location(s): Memorial Hospital
Physical and Mental Requirements
- extended periods of sitting and standing
- manual dexterity
- pushing and pulling
- repetitive motion
- lifting/carrying >= 50 lbs.
- visual acuity
- hearing acuity
- occasionally highly stressful
- OHSA Blood Bourne Pathogens Class I
- Exposure to Ionizing Radiation
- Minimum Graduate of 2 year accredited program in Diagnostic Ultrasound (Associate or Certificate) or Cross Training equivalent of 2 years good experience in similar environment.
Licensure, Registry and Certifications
- Registered or Registry eligible ARDMS or Registered ARRT (S)
- ARDMS (RVT) OR CCI (RVS)-Required for Vascular
- ARDCS or CCI (RCS) -Required for Echocardiograms
- Registered or Registry eligible ARRT (R) if x-ray
- Texas Board of Medical Examiners General Medical Radiologic Technologist GMRT if x-ray
- Current CPR
Personal Job Related Skills
- Proficient in use of diagnostic ultrasound equipment in performance of ultrasound procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledge essential.
- Good deductive reasoning skills/ problem solving skills
- Ability to relate positively to the members of the community.
Prior Work Experience
- Exemplary clinical education skills. One year experience as ARDMS, CCI or ARRT registered sonographer preferred.
- Proficient in general abdominal, obstetric, gynecologic, and small parts ultrasound.
- Prior didactic and/or clinical training in Vascular or Cardiac US preferred or must be willing to train in Vascular/Cardiac
- Proficient with a variety of ultrasound equipment especially Philips (Epiq, Elite, Affinity 70, Lumify)
- Proficient with PACS, EMR’s, teleradiology.
- Ability to work with computers, (Windows OS)
Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures on patients under radiologist supervision
- Aorta for AAA
- Pelvic Non-OB w/wo transvaginal
- Pregnancy Less than 14 Weeks (anatomy scan)
- Pregnancy Greater than 14 Weeks (growth scan)
- Biophysical Profile
- Neonatal Skull
- Soft Tissue Body
- Guidance for Biopsy Line Placement/Thoracentesis
(If Vascular) Performs Vascular Ultrasound Procedures on patients under radiologist supervision.
- Venous Lower/Upper Extremity
- Arterial Lower/UpperExtremity
- Arterial Renal
- Arterial Aorta
(If Echo) Performs Echocardiogram Ultrasound Procedures on patients under radiologist/ cardiologist supervision.
- Echocardiogram 2D/Color flow
Follows body substance isolation policies to include frequent hand washing and cleaning all patient contact surfaces after each patient.
Verifies orders for accurate patient, exam, diagnosis, and laterality.
Properly educates patients regarding procedure and all associated preparations.
Obtains images as required by protocol manual for each exam.
Modifies procedures according to patient age and pathology as appropriate.
Properly enters patient identification and exam information prior to study.
Exports studies to PACS following each exam.
Maintains ultrasound equipment, gel warmer, and peripherals, reporting problems to supervisor.
Transports patients to and from department within 15 minutes of order when possible.
Properly performs patient immobilization and transfer when needed.
Consistently wears gloves on scanning hand.
Assists other providers, physicians, and departments in a professional manner.
Participates in call and holiday schedules to include evenings, nights, and weekends.
Permanently identifies studies prior to transmitting (tech initials).
Assists in scheduling exams, giving necessary prep information
Assists in maintaining daily patient exam log.
Sends exams to HPRA and scans in associated consents, questionnaires, worksheets, and reports.
Follows procedures for burning CD’s for patient transfer or DICOM transfer, maintaining log of all film transfersAPPLY