05 Dec Part Time Night LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse) – MHCC
Assists the professional nursing staff in providing maximum patient care, assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of each assigned patient. Under supervision gives direct and indirect patient care as assigned.
Supervises: Certified Nurse Aides
Pay Scale: Non-Exempt, Hourly
- Utilizes the nursing process, completes a comprehensive physical and psychological assessment of patients.
- Takes nursing histories to provide a basis for developing patient care plans
- Provides a basic assessment needs of residents needs/desires
- Identifies teaching and learning needs with each resident to promote independence
- Provides an ongoing assessment that accurately reflects needs and desires of residents
- Consistently uses input form resident, family, significant other, physician, and healthcare team members
- Identifies expected outcomes for planned nursing intervention and insures vital information is passed between shifts
- Administers medications according to policy
- Knows actions, indications, contraindications, precautions, adverse reactions, dosage and route of administration on all drugs prior to administering to patient
- Verifies medication administration accuracy and performs the required checks on the medication administration record
- Assesses residents at the beginning of the shift for acuity of patient needs/problems and establishes priority in which work activities are consistently completed by the end of the shift.
- Recognizes, evaluates, and interviews appropriately in a life-threatening situation.
- Performs basic nursing competently to include but not limited to: intake and output, vital signs, physical assessment, urine testing, specimens/cultures, dressing changes, neurological assessments, personal hygiene for the patient, skin care, glucose monitoring, airway/suctioning, basic oxygen administration, nasogastric tubes, tube feedings, urinary catheterization, drains and enemas.
- Recognizes variance of diagnostic tests, vital signs and assessments that should be reported to the physicians and notifies physicians in a time frame appropriate to the variance.
- Functions proficiently in all daily nursing tasks
- Act as liaison between patient, physician, family or RP and other health disciplines
- Progress notes completed on all appropriate residents at minimum of once but not limited to every shift
- Accurately documents on MAR and TAR in the electronic chart
- Completes all quarterly, monthly and weekly observations
- Completes all incident reports as needed and reports them to GNP, Administrator, DON and RP
- Documents on 24 hour report sheet to ensure continuity of care between shifts
- Transcribes and or cosigns physicians orders completely and accurately while reporting changes to RP
- Complete daily assignment forms for all CNAs
- Completes nursing staff sheet every shift
Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- License in Vocational Nursing
- Current CPR certification.
- Two (2) years experience as a professional Licensed Vocational Nurse preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Moderate periods of sitting/standing/walking
- Lifting/carrying >= 50 lbs.
- Visual acuity
- Hearing acuity