21 Mar Registered Nurse (Hospital)
Performs principle responsibility of total nursing care, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of each assigned patient. Plans, provides, and documents discharge planning, teaching, and educates patients, family or others to attain optimal health and continuity of care. Assures that the plan of care is carried out in a safe environment through performance and supervision of subordinate personnel.
Shift(s): Full Time
Location(s): Memorial Hospital
Physical and Mental Requirements
Duties of the position requires extended periods of standing, walking, pushing, pulling, repetitive motions. Lifts up to fifty pounds, and occasionally heavy lifting in supporting or moving patients who may suddenly become weak or helpless. The ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
Licensure, Registry and Certifications
- Registered Nurse License by the State of Texas
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) / Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification preferred
- TCCN preferred
Prior Work Experience
- Two years of experience as a professional Registered Nurse. One-year ER and Labor & Delivery experience preferred.