Responsible for implementing and supervising the administrative polices and operations of a home and community support services agency and for administratively supervising the provision of all services to the Home Health and Hospice agency clients and staff on a day-to-day basis.
Responsible for the case management and coordination of clinical patient care to hospice or home health patients. Serves as the lead Interdisciplinary Team member, conducting clinical reviews of hospice/home health charts and the QA/PI process for hospice/home health. Provides on going communication with the Extended Services Division Director.
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all segments of staff, the public and professional public, the Extended Care Services Director.
• Current knowledge of nursing principles, standards and practices, Medicare and Texas HHSC rules and regulations.
• Ability to independently manage multiple priorities
• Ability to meet deadlines, make quick decisions, and resource acquisition
• Reviews all QA reports and refers information to appropriate committees, department, service, or individual for information, use or action as indicated.
• Adept at scheduling
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing Baccalaureate; be a licensed physician, be a masters degree registered nurse, licensed bachelor social worker, with at least one year of management or supervisory experience in a health-related setting
• Current Texas State license as a Registered Nurse
• Two years experience as a Registered Nurse in a clinical care setting preferred; home health preferred, management experience preferred.