The position of Help Desk Coordinator (HDC) has the primary responsibility for providing technology support for Seminole Hospital District employees and business associates who call the help desk with information technology issues. The Help Desk Coordinator must diagnose and troubleshoot mainframe, PC, and printer issues as well as network issues via telephone, voicemail, email or the Spiceworks ticket logging system available to all end users. While available to respond to the desk side when necessary, the Help Desk Coordinator will normally resolve an estimated 40-60% of calls immediately while on the phone with the customer. When appropriate, the HDC will assign issues to others within, or affiliated with, the IT Department to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the response to the customer. Required to assist the IT Dept with daily operations such as but not limited to running ethernet cables, configuring new PC/Laptops, PM on devices, patch management, and working the on-call rotation.
• Bachelor’s degree in job related area, preferred.
• Certifications preferred: CompTIA A+, Network+, Healthcare IT Technician. Microsoft MSCE, MSCA. Cisco CCENT, CCNA.
LICENSURE, REGISTRY, CERTIFICATION:
• Valid Driver’s License & Evidence of Insurability
• Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
PERSONAL JOB RELATED SKILLS:
• Excellent customer service skills with a focus on call control, attention to detail, and methodical troubleshooting
• Strong analytical skills and reasoning ability to identified solutions to technical issues
• Strong understanding of help desk support principles including documentation and issue ownership
• Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both customers and management in written and verbal form.
• Ability to independently manage your time and handle multiple tasks.
• Flexibility to work extra hours as required on nights and weekends.
• 2– 4 years of progressive experience troubleshooting and diagnosing computer related issues is required
• Job related experience within specialized field is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Extended periods of sitting and standing
• Manual dexterity
• Repetitive motion
• Bending and Kneeling
• Pushing and pulling
• Lifting and carrying >=50lbs
• Visual Acuity
• Hearing Acuity